Textual Grammar from “Three Questions”. These are very important grammar for HS Final Examination. Practise these and score a very good result in your final exam. The more you do practice, the better you will perform in your exam hall. So continue practising. We will provide more sets of grammar.
1. Q: Still he wished to find the right answers to his questions. He decided to consult a hermit. The hermit was widely renowned for his wisdom.
Ans: Still wishing to find the right answers to his questions, he decided to consult a hermit widely renowned for his wisdom.
2. Q: The sun began to sink behind the trees. The Tsar at last stuck the spade into the ground.
Ans: When the sun began to sink behind the trees, the Tsar at last stuck the spade into the ground.
3. Q: The Tsar was very tired with his walk. He was also tired with the work he had done. He crouched down on the threshold.
Ans: Being tired with his walk and his work done, the Tsar crouched down on the threshold.
4. Q., The Tsar put on simple clothes. Before reaching the hermit’s cell he dismounted from his horse. He left his body-guard behind. He went on alone.
Ans: Putting on simple clothes and dismounting from his horse before reaching the he cell, the Tsar went on alone, leaving his body-guard behind.
5. Q: The hermit was frail and weak. He stuck his spade into the ground. He turned a little earth. Each time he breathed heavily.
Ans: As the hermit was frail and weak, he breathed heavily each time when he stuck a spade into the ground turning (and turned) a little earth.
6. Q: The hermit again gave no answer. He rose. He stretched out his hand for the spade.
Ans: Giving no answer again, the hermit rose stretching out his hand for the spade.
7. Q: The Tsar washed the wound. He did it to his best. He bandaged it with his handkerchief.
Ans: Washing the wound to his best (as best as he could), the Tsar bandaged it with his handkerchief.
8. Q: The Tsar brought fresh water. He gave it to him.
Ans: Bringing fresh water, the Tsar gave it to him.
9. Q: The Tsar did not give him the spade. He continued to dig. (Simple)
Ans: Not giving him the spade, the Tsar continued to dig.
10. Q: All the answers were different. So the Tsar agreed with none of them.
Ans: All the answers being different, the Tsar agreed with none of them. or,
The Tsar agreed with none of them, as all the answers were different.
11. Q: The man held his hands pressed against his stomach. Blood was flowing from under them.
Ans: While the man held his hands pressed against his stomach, blood was flowing from under them.
12. Q: The hermit lived in a wood. He never quitted it. (Complex)
Ans: The hermit lived in a wood which he never quitted.
13. Q: He saw the Tsar. He greeted him.
Ans: Seeing the Tsar, he greeted him.
14. Q: The Tsar approached. The hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut. (Complex)
Ans: When the Tsar approached, the hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut.
15. Q: The most important thing in the world was science. Some said it in reply. (Complex)
Ans: Some replied that the most important thing in the world was science.
16. Q: The Tsar had dug two beds. He stopped. (Complex)
Ans: When the Tsar had dug two beds, he stopped.
17. Q: The Tsar turned round. He saw a bearded man. The man came running out of the wood.
Ans: Tuming round, the Tsar saw a bearded man come running out of the wood.
18. Q: He reached the Tsar. He fell fainting on the ground. He was moaning feebly.
Ans: When he reached the Tsar, he fell fainting on the ground moaning feebly.
19. Q: You do not know me. Yet I know you. (Complex)
Ans: Though you do not know me, I know you.
20. Q: At last the blood ceased flowing. The man revived.
Ans: When at last the blood ceased flowing, the man revived.
21. Q: The Tsar carried the wounded man into the hut. The Tsar did it with the hermit’s help. The Tsar laid him on the bed.
Ans: Carrying the wounded man into the hut, with the hermit’s help, the Tsar laid him on the bed.
“Forgive me!” said the bearded man in a weak voice.
Ans: In a weak voice the bearded man asked forgiveness.
“You have already been answered.” said the hermit to the Tsar. (HS Final Exam 2015)
Ans: The hermit told the Tsar that he (the Tsar) had already been answered.
The Tsar said, “I come to you, wise man, for an answer to my questions. (HS Final Exam 2019)
Ans: Addressing as wise man the Tsar told the hermit that he came to him for an answer to his questions.
“You are tired,” said the Tsar, “Let me take the spade and work awhile for you.”
Ans: The Tsar said that he (the hermit) was tired and also proposed that he (the Tsar) would take the spade and work awhile for him.
“How answered? What do you mean?” asked the Tsar.
Ans: The Tsar asked how it was answered and also asked what he meant.
“I do not know you, and have nothing to forgive you for.” said the Tsar.
Ans: The Tsar said that he did not know the man and had nothing to forgive him for.
The Tsar approached him and said, “For the last time, I pray you to answer my questions, wise man.”
Ans: The Tsar approach him and addressing him as wiseman, he said that for the last time he prayed to answer his questions.
Some said, “Warriors are the most necessary.”
Ans: Some said that warriors were the most necessary.
“Thanks”, said the hermit.
Ans: The hermit thanked him.
The Tsar said, “How can I learn to do the right thing at the right time?”
Ans: The Tsar asked how he (the Tsar) could learn to do the right thing at the right time.
The hermit said, “Now rest a while and let me work a bit.”
Ans: The hermit suggested him to rest a while then and that he would work a bit.
The Tsar said, ” I shall send my servants and my own physician to attend you.”
And: The Tsar said that he would send his servants and his own physicians to attend him.
Keep visiting our website onlineexamgroup.com to get more regular updates.
Give your comment in the Comment Box below.