Karma – Important Short Questions for the students of Class – XI in West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Prepare these short questions and score a very good result in your final examination. The students have answer SAQ (Short Answer Type Questions) in a complete sentence. We have prepared these questions in a full complete sentence.
1. Q: Who is the author of "Karma"?
Ans: Khushwant Singh, the famous short story writer and journalist is the author of the short story "Karma".
2. Q: What was Sir Mohan Lal looking at the first class waiting room of the railway station?
Ans: In the short story "Karma", Sir Mohan Lal was looking at himself in the mirror of the first class waiting room.
3. Q: How did Sir Mohan Lal smile at the mirror?
Ans. Sir Mohan Lal smiled at the mirror with an air of pity and patronage.
4. Q: From where was Sir Mohan's suit?
Ans: Sir Mohan's suit was from Saville Row.
5. Q: Describe the condition of the mirror in the first class waiting room of the railway station.
Ans: The red oxide at the back of the mirror had come off at several places and long lines of translucent glass cut across its surface.
6. Q: What was Sir Mohan Lal?
Ans: Sir Mohan Lal was a vizier and a barrister.
7. Q: What did Lachmi's tiffin contain?
Ans: Lachmi's tiffin contained chapatti's and mango pickle.
8. Q: What is the source of this story?
Ans: The source of this story is "The collected stories'.
Karma - Important Short Questions:
9. Q: In which language is the word 'zenana' used?
Ans: The word 'zenana' is used in Hindi language.
10. Q: What does the expression 'tickety-boo' mean?
Ans: The expression 'tickety-boo' means everything in order.
11. Q: What was the betel leaf case of Lady Lal made of?
Ans: The betel leaf case of Lady Lal was made of silver.
12. Q: With whom did Lachmi chat away merrily?
Ans: Lachmi chatted away merrily with the coolie.
13. Q: When did Lachmi emit a long, loud belch?
Ans. Lachmi emitted a long, loud belch atter eating chapattis with mango pickle.
14. Q: What did Mohan Lal think about himself?
Ans. Sir Mohan Lal thought that he was a distinguished, efficient and handsome man.
15. Q: How was Lachmi clad?
Ans: Lachmi was clad in a dirty white sari with red border.
16. Q: What was Lachmi's mouth bloated with?
Ans: Lachmi's mouth was bloated with betel saliva.
17. Q: How were Lachmi's relatives?
Ans: Lachmi's relatives were poor and illiterate.
18. Q: What was Lachmi fond of?
Ans: Lachmi was fond of gossipping.
19. Q: Where did Lachmi find her seat in the train?
Ans: Lachmi found her seat by the window in the train.
20. Q: What were exhibitions of bad breeding?
Ans: Excitement, bustle and hurry were exhibitions of bad breeding.
21. Q: What does the word 'nigger' mean?
Ans: The word 'nigger means 'black man'.
22. Q: What is the meaning of the expression 'Toodle-oo'?
Ans: The expression 'Toodle-oo' means 'see you later'.
23. Q: Give the moral of this story?
Ans: The moral of story is "Pride comes before a fall".
24. Q. When did Sir Mohan call 'koi hai'?
Ans: Before the approaching of the train into the station, when Sir Mohan waited in the first class waiting room, he called 'koi hai'.
25. Q. "So they never came." - Who never came?
Ans: The poor and illiterate relatives of Lady Lal never came.
26. Q. "I w'll have you arrested." - Who said this and to whom?
Ans: Sir Mohan said this to the two English soldiers who threw Sir Mohan's suitcase, thermos flask, briefcase and The Times outside the train.
27. Q: What did the bell announce?
Ans: The bell announced the arrival of the train.
28. Q: What was Lachmi's husband?
Ans: Lachmi's husband was a vizier and a barrister.
29. Q: Where did Lady Lal spit?
Ans: Lady Lal spat on the dark part of the platform.
30. Q: "His heart warmed at the prospect of an impressive conversation." - Whose heart is referred to here?
Ans: Here the 'herat' of Sir Mohan Lal is referred to.
31. Q: What was the name of Lady Lal?
Ans: The name of Lady Lal was Lachmi.
32. Q: What had come off from the mirror?
Ans: The red oxide had come off from the mirror.
33. "Keep your ruddy mouth shut!" - Who is the speaker?
Ans: One of the two English soldiers is the speaker here.
34. What do you mean by ' zenana'?
Ans: The word 'zenana' means ordinary compartment for ladies in a train.
35. What food items did Lady Lal have before getting into the train?
Ans: Lady Lal had a bundle of cramped chapattis and some mango pickle as food before getting into the train.
Prepare these Important Short Questions from Karma. Karma - Important Short Questions.
Follow our website onlineexamgroup.com regularly and get regular updates.
Write your comment in the Comment Box below.