Priyamvada Birla Scholarship 2021
Know all details of Priyamvada Birla Scholarship 2020, how to apply, elegibility criteria, scholarship amount and more.
The Priyamvada Birla Scholarship is awarded every year, this scholarship has been starting from 2013. It is given to the meritorious and economically backward students to pursue their studies in under graduate courses in Colleges and Institutes in West Bengal on Merit cum Means Basis.
About the Trust:
Smt. Priyamvada Birla established The Madhav Prasad Priyamvada Birla Apex Charitable Trust in 2001 by for continuing charitable and philanthropic activities in the fields of education & medicine and development of other general public purposes.
Shri Madhav Prasadji Birla and Smt. Priyamvada Birla were great industrialists and philanthropists. They created and nurtured many institutions during their life time. They set up with the objective of serving society, especially the poor and the needy. Smt. Birla, as Chairman of the M P Birla Group after Shri Birla, led the Group to a greater height with her experienced leadership.
In the fond memory of Late Smt. Priyamvada Birla, the Trustees of Madhav Prasad Priyamvada Birla Apex Charitable Trust instituted the “Priyamvada Birla Scholarship” for the eligible students who are pursuing under-graduate studies in colleges and institutions in West Bengal. Execution of this scholarship has been entrusted to South Point Education Society.
Objectives of Priyamvada Birla Scholarship:
The objective of this scholarship is to help needy but meritorious students so that they can continue their education in West Bengal and to make them successful. This attempt will make them realise that their potential does not remain unrealised due to financial difficulties.
Number of Scholarships :
This Scholarship Scheme will give around 25 successful candidates a sum of Rs. 24,000/- each per year to meet their expenses in the form of tuition fees, boarding and mess charges, study materials. This shall remain valid for the total duration of their course, but not exceeding 4 (tour) years. At its full strength, the Trust will disburse Rs. 24,000/- to 100 aspirants each year, i.e. 25 each in the first, second, third and fourth year of their respective courses, wherever applicable. The Madhav Prasad Priyamvada Birla Apex Charitable Trust will take the ultimate decision on distribution of scholarships. This Trust, at any time, can change the number of recipients and/or the amount of Scholarships or discontinue the Scholarship Scheme without assigning any reasons.
Eligibility to Get The Scholarship:
a) Regarding Course, Discipline and Institute:
The Priyamvada Birla Scholarship will be given to a total number of 25 students who are pursuing full-time degree course (Graduation) in
General Discipline (B.A., B.Com., B.Sc. ete), Professional Courses (BBA, BCA, LLB, etc.), Engineering (BE/B. Tech in any discipline) and Medicine (MBBS/ BDS) in any college/ institution in West Bengal. Students who have confirmed admission in the First Year for the above full-time degree courses only are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students who have admitted in Certificate Courses, not ensure them a gateway for further studies in that discipline, are not eligible for the Scholarship.
b) Family Income:
- Candidates who are from the economically under-privileged section, and whose
annual family income from all sources must not exceed Rs. 75,000/- are only eligible to apply
for the Priyamvada Birla Scholarship.
- Candidates who have BPL Card /Certificate, duly issued by the State Authorities such as District Magistrate/ Collector, Block Development Officer, Sub-Divisional Officer or Central Government Gazetted Officials authorized to issue BPL Card / Certificate, have to submit the same in support of their family income."Family" here will mean and include parents and spouse only.
Merit Criteria for this Scholarship:
The following merit criteria will be considered:
- AISSCE, ISC, IB, Higher Secondary result of any State Board/ Couneil
- Admission in a college / institution in West Bengal
The following means criteria will be considered:
- Income of the applicant's family from all sources should not exceed Rs. 75,000 per annum, to be supported by appropriate documents, the onus of which lies on the applicant.
The maximum age of the applicant should be 25 years as on 4 July of the current academic session. There is no lower age limit stipulated for the Scheme, but the age of an applicant should be enough to meet UGC requirements to get admitted to any institution.
The applicants must not be in any kind of employment with any outside agency. The candidate must disclose any other scholarship / financial aid / stipend received by him / her in the Application Form. Final selection will be done by the Jury made for this purpose.
Candidates who are studying in the 1st year / 1st Semester of any under-graduate Degree Course, as specified satisfying all the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship.
- First, visit the official website (pbs.southpoint.edu.in) of South Point High School.
- Now download the Application Form for Priyambada Birla Scholarship 2020.
- Then duly fill in the prescribed Application Form providing your personal details, your address, academic qualifications, family income particulars and declaration. Fill up the form very carefully.
- Now attach the following documents. The documents must be self-attested.
i. Passport size colour photograph.
ii. Mark-sheet of Madhyamik Examination.
iii. Mark-sheet of Higher Secondary Examination.
iv. Admission Proof.
v. Rank Card (if any)
- Now submit the filled-in Application Form to the Head of the Institution / College. (The Head of the Institution will verify and certify that the furnished details are correct.
- Next, the Head of the Institution will forward the Application Form with a covering letter addressed to:
The Board of Trustees, Madhav Prasad Birla Apex Charitable Trust, c/o South Point High School, 82/7A, Ballygunge Place, Kolkata 700 o19.
All applications should be forwarded through the Head of respective Institutions/ Colleges.
* The filled-in application forms should reach South Point High School, 82/7A, Ballygunge Place, Kolkata -700 019 within 19 October 2020.
The qualified students will get a maximum amount of Rs. 24,000/-per year irrespective of the course fee including tution fees, hostel tees, mess charges and other incidental expenses. Tne Scholarship is admissible from the 1st year till the completion of the course of the tourth year, whichever is earlier, subject to the condition that the student clears all semesters/ years in single attempt.
The scholarship aount will be given through Demand Draft in favour of the applicant.
The Priyamvada Birla Scholarship will be renewed every year till the completion of the course. The students have to perform well in each year / semester and subsequent promotion in the next year / semester to for continuation of the scholarship . The applicant must score a minimum of 45% in courses of General or Professional Discipline or the minimum pass marks, whichever is more or 55% or a CGPA of 6.0 in courses of Technology/ Medicine in the semester/ annual exam.
The recipients of the scholarship have to get promoted to the next year or semester. The recipients also have to inform the Trust of any change in stream/ course prior to his / her application for renewal of the scholarship. In case of backlog/ uncleared papers, the Trust will take the final decision about renewing the Scholarship of the applicant. If any applicant temporarily discontinues in a semester / year, he shall not be paid twice for the same semester or year.
Renewal Process for this Scholarship :
A separate Application Form for request of renewal of the scholarship may be notified. To avail it the recipient must write an application attaching requisite documents and send it by post to the address below:
The Board of Trustees, Madhav Prasad Birla Apex Charitable Trust, c/o South Point High School, 82/7A, Ballygunge Place, Kolkata 70o 019.
List of Enclosures for Application of Renewal:
The recipients have to attach the following documents :
i. Documents supporting previous year's receipt of the scholarship.
ii. Present year's / semester's result, duly attested by the HoD
iii. Recommendation from the Head of the Institution.
* The recipient must send the application to the above-mentioned address within 20 days of the declaration of the result of the qualifying examination.
Regularly visit our website onlineexamgroup.com and get more updates. Get more scholarship-related information.
Enrich your English with us. Write your comment in the Comment Box below. Share it to your friends.