1. Choose the correct alternative to complete the following sentences:
(a) The keeper of the Big Half Moon Lighthouse is
The family moved over to the mainland in
Ans : Winter
(c) When asked about relations, Father looked
2. Fill in the chart with information from the text:
(a) name of the island – was Big Half Mooon.
(b) age of Claude – was twelve.
c) the game played by Claude and the narrator – was pirate caves.
3. State whether the following statements are True or False. Provide sentences/ phrases/words in support of your answer:
(a) People felt that Claude and the narrator were lonesome in the island.
Supporting statement: They said we must be so lonesome over there.
(b) Claude and the narrator quarrelled.
Supporting statement: Claude and I never quarrelled.
(c) Nobody on the mainland had relations.
Supporting statement:Everybody on the mainland had relations.
4.Choose the correct alternative to complete the following sentences:
(a) In summer the Big Half Moon is always
(b) Back on the island, Claude and the narrator made plenty of
c) The kite was patched with a
5. Complete the following sentences with information from the text:
(i) A boy on the mainland showed – Claude how to make kites.
(i) On the kite Claude and the narrator pasted – an old letter.
(ii) Claude was standing with – a bit of cord in his hand looking foolish.
6. Fill in the chart with information from the text:
(a) Statement : The narrator’s elbow went through the kite.
Reasen: The narrator had tripped and fallen over the rocks.
(b) Statement : Claude and the narrator hurried to fix the kite.
Reason : They wanted to send it up before the wind fell.
(c) Statement : The kite soared.
Reason : The wind was glorious.
Unit : 3
7. Choose the correct alternative to complete the following sentences:
(a) A letter came for father after a
(b) Father left home after quarrelling with his
(c) Dick and Mimi discovered the kite on the top of a
(iv) light post
8. Fill in the chart with information from the text:
(a) person who sent the letter – Aunt Esther.
(b) name of Aunt Esther’s mother – Philippa
(c) total number of family members in the narrator’s family at present – six.
9. Answer the following questions:
(a) What did Father find when he went back home years afterward?
Ans: When father went back home years afterwards he found that his brother had died and he could not find his sister.
(b) Where did Aunt Esther live?
Ans: Aunt Esther lived in hundreds of miles inland.
(c) Why did Aunt Esther turn pale?
When she saw the letter stuck on the kite, aunt Esther turned pale because it was that very letter which she had once written to his brother and the names of her parents were written on it.
10. Change the following sentences into questions, as directed:
(a) Shankha lives in Alipurduar. (Information question using ‘where’)
Ans: Where does Shankha live in?
(b) They have gone to a picnic. (Interrogative sentence using ‘where’)
Ans: Where have they gone?
(c) I went to school yesterday. (Simple question using ‘did’)
Ans: Did you go to school yesterday?
(d) Tia studies in class X. (Information question using ‘which’)
Ans: Which class does Tiya study in?
11. Suppose your bicycle has a sudden tyre puncture on your way to school. You have taken the cycle to a repair shop. Write an imaginary dialogue (within 100 words) between the shopkeeper and you. (We are coming with this writing soon)
12. Write a story (within 100 words) using the given hints. Give a title to the story.
Crow sitting on a tree – a piece of meat in its beak- fox passing under the tree- wants the meat- asks the crow to sing- crow keeps meat under its feet and sings – fooled, fox leaves.
The Clever Crow and the befooled fox.
Once upon a time a crow found a piece of meat and decided to eat sitting on a branch of a tree. A fox was passing under that tree and wanted to have the meat by befooling the crow. The sly fox started praising about the song of the crow and requested it to sing a song. The crow thought that the piece of meat would fall from his beak once it started singing. So the crow kept the meat under its feet and started singing. The fox realised that its plan went in vain. The fox left the place in despair.
মাধ্যমিক ও উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক পরীক্ষার প্রস্তুতির জন্য নিয়মিত ভিজিট করে আমাদের ওয়েবসাইট onlineexamgroup.com
পোস্টটি সকলের সঙ্গে শেয়ার করো।