The Government of West Bengal, Health Department and Family Welfare has published the notification relating to admission to General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course for September 2019 – August 2022 session. The Government of West Bengal, Department of Health and Family Welfare invites admission to 3 year GNM Nursing Training 2019 course including 6 months internship in nursing training schools under the government of West Bengal.
Total seats for “GNM NURSING TRAINING 2019”:
Female – 2105
Male – 70 (The seats are changeable)
Reservation Seats for GNM Nursing Admission: –
For SC(Scheduled Caste) – 22%, For ST (Scheduled Tribe) – 6%, For OBC (Otheŕ Backward Classes) A – 10%, OBC B – 7%, For Orphan Female candidates or Inmates of Destitute Homes – 2%, Lady Civil Defence Volunteers under Home (Civil Defence) Department, Government of West Bengal – 2.5%.
Eligibility for GNM NURSING TRAINING 2019 :
An Indian citizen who is a permanent resident of West Bengal is eligible to apply for GNM Nursing Training 2019.
The candidates should pass Higher Secndary Examination (10+2) from West Bengal Council of Higher Send Education (WBCHSE) or pass equivalent examination from any recognised council or board.
Age of the candidate must be from 17 years to 27 years as on 1st January, 2019.
To apply for GNM Nursing, the candidate must have reading, writing, and speaking power in Bengali or Nepali.
Apply for West Bengal GNM Nursing Training Course through the prescribed Application Form available in the official website http://www.wbhealth.gov.in Applications will not be accepted if supporting documents are not attached or completed according to the proforma.
Download the Application Form. After filling up the Application form, attach the following documents to the Application Form –
1. Photocopy or Xerox copy of HS Mark Sheet (self attested or attested by Group A officer).
2. Photocopy or Xerox copy of Madhyamik or its equivalent Admit Card or Certificate (self attested or attested by Group A officer) for age proof.
3. Residential Certificate (Original Copy) issued by Gazetted Government Officer or Pradhan or MLA or MP or Councillor or Sabhadhipati of local Zilla Parishad or Sabhapati of local Panchyaet Samiti. It should be mentioned that the candidate has been living there permanently or or for last five years till date.
4. Attested/Self -Attested photocopy of Caste Certificate issued by recognised authorities (if applicable).
5. Attested by Group A officer or Self -Attested photocopy of Certificate issued by Officer-in-Charge of the concerned Department and photocopy of Membership Certificate of the casulaty service, Civil Defence with serial no. (This is applicable for Lady Civil Defence Volunteers.)
6. One recent self-signed Passport Size Photo (colour).
7. One self-attested envelop with requisite postal stamp (at least Rs.5).
Attach all the documents to the Application Form and send it by Registered Post or Speed Post or Couriers to the respective District Selection Committee :[table “5” not found /]
Procedure of Selection:
The candidates will be selected according to the marks obtained in Higher Secondary Examination.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of total marks obtained in compulsory subjects i.e. one language subject + English + other best three subjects except ENVS)
Students of Vocational Steam are not eligible. Selection is subject to verification of Mark-Sheet from H.S Council.
WB GNM Nursing Admission Merit List Download:
This Merit List will probably be published in the very last week of July or in the first week of August 2019. It will be published offline. So, you have to visit the respective Hospital where you have sent your application to see the Merit List. The selected candidates will have to go through Medical Check up in the respective Hospitals.
For more scholarship-related updates and education information visit http://onlineexamgroup.com
Give your suggestions and comments in the comment box below.