Important Grammar from “The Eyes Have It”. Practise these grammar. Do an excellent result. Get grammar with answers.
Change the voice of the following sentences.
1. I found the window. (2016)
Ans: The window was found by me.
2. The guard blew his whistle.
Ans: His whistle was blown by the guard.
3. Then I made a mistake.
Ans: Then a mistake was made by me.
4. I didn’t see you either.
Ans: You were not seen by me either.
5. Do you see any animal?
Ans: Is any animal seen by you?
6. I love the hills specially in October.
Ans: Hills are loved specially in October by me.
7. The hills are covered with wild dahlias.
Ans: Wild dahlias cover the hills.
8. She thought me a romantic fool.
Ans: I was thought a romantic fool by her.
9. Few girls can resist flattery.
Ans: Flattery can be resisted by few girls.
10. My voice startled her.
Ans: She was startled by my voice.
11. Did shee keep her hair long or short?
Ans: Was her hair kept long or short by her?
12. My aunt is meeting me there.
Ans: I am being met by my aunt there.
13. The carriage wheels changed their sound and rhythm.
Ans: The sound and rhythm were changed by the carriage wheels.
14. Had she noticed already that I could not see?
Ans: Had it been already noticed by her that I could not see?
Change the narration of the following sentences.
1. “Where are you going?” she asked.
Ans: She asked where I was going.
2. “Yes, this is the best time”, I said, calling on my memories.
Ans: Calling on my memories, I agreed that that was the best time.
3. She said “Oh! how lucky you are.”
Ans: She exclaimed in wonder that I was very lucky.
4. The girl said,”I am getting off at Sahararanpur. My aunt is meeting me there”.
Ans: The girl said that she was getting off at Saharanpur and also added that her aunt was meeting her there.
5. “Why don’t you look out of the window?” she asked.
Ans: She wanted to know why I did not look out of the window.
6. “What is it like outside?” I asked.
Ans: I asked what it was like outside.
7. “I didn’t see you either’ I said, ‘But I heard you come in”.
Ans: I told that I had not seen her either and also added I had heard her come in.
8. “That always happens’, she said. “Do you see any animals?
Ans: She said that that always happens and asked if I saw any animals.
9. “We’ll soon be at your station,’ I said.
Ans: I said that we would soon be at her station.
10. ‘No,’ I answered quite confidently.
Ans: I answered quite confidently that I had seen none.
11. ‘Goodbye,’ the girl said.
Ans: The girl bade goodbye.
12. “Are you going all the way to Dehra?”, I asked the girl.
Ans: I wanted to know from the girl if she was going all the way to Dehra.
Some Important Correction of Errors.
1 October is best time. (Incorrect)
October is the best time. (Correct)
2. The train pulled out off the station. (Incorrect)
The train pulled out of the station. (Correct)
3. Did she put her hair long or short? (Incorrect)
Did she keep her hair long or short? (Correct)
4. Then I had better not to get too familiar. (Incorrect)
Then I had better not get too familiar. (Correct)
5. It was her eyes I noticed, not her hairs. (Incorrect)
It was her eyes I noticed, not her hair. (Correct)
6. I knew she was wearing slippers. (Incorrect)
I knew she wore slippers. (Correct)
7. We’ll soon be to your station. (Incorrect)
We’ll soon be at your station. (Correct)
8. Few girls cannot resist flattery. (Incorrect)
Few girls can resist flattery. (Correct)
9. I heard you to come in. (Incorrect)
I heard you come in. (Correct)
10. My aunt will be meeting me there. (Incorrect)
My aunt is meeting me there. (Correct)
Joining into single sentence.
1. Her voice had the sparkle. It was like a mountain stream.
Ans: Her voice had the sparkle of a mountain stream.
2. I could not see. Had she already noticed it?
Ans: Had she already noticed that I could not see?
3. I had the train compartment to myself up. I had to go to Rohana. Then a girl got in that compartment.
Ans: When I had the train compartment to myself up to Rohana, a girl got in.
4. The couple saw her off. They were probably her parents.
Ans: The couple who saw her off were probably her parents.
5. She had stood there. Only the scent of her perfume still lingered.
Ans: Only the scent of her perfume still lingered where she had stood.
6. A man got into the compartment. He stammered an apology.
Ans: A man, getting into the compartment, stammered an apology.
7. As I was totally blind at that time, my eyes were sensitive only to light and darkness.
Ans: Being totally blind at that time, my eyes were sensitive only to light and darkness.
Do as directed:
Then the door banged, and the world was shut out again. (Turn into a simple sentence)
Ans: Then with a bang of the door, the world was shut out again.
She had beautiful eyes, but they were of no use to her. (Turn into a Complex sentence)
Ans: Though she had beautiful eyes, they were of no use to her.
Visit our website http://onlineexamgroup.com regularly and get more updates. Enrich your English with us.