Activity Answers of Mild the Mist upon the Hill
Tick the correct answers from the given alternatives. (দেওয়া বিকল্পগুলির মধ্যে সঠিক উত্তরটিতে টিক চিহ্ন দাও)
1. The mist was upon the
Ans: c) hill.
2. The sorrow of the day is described as –
Ans: a) silent.
3. The hall door mentioned in the poem is –
Ans: d) old.
4. The poet watches the cloudy
Ans: b) evening.
5. The colour of the mist is –
Ans: d) blue.
6. The damp stands on the –
Ans: d) grass.
Answer the following questions within twenty five words.
Q.1. Where does the poet see herself when he thinks of her childhood? (কবি নিজেকে কোথায় দেখেন যখন তিনি তার শৈশবের কথা ভাবেন?)
Ans: The poet sees herself near the old hall door under her ancestral house.
Q.2. What did the poet watch on the ‘cloudy evening’?
Ans: In the cloudy evening, the poet watched the blue, sweet mist covering the mountain chain in the horizon.
Grammar in Use:
Identify the following sentences as simple, compound and complex. (Simple, compound, এবং complex sentence গুলি চিহ্নিত করো)
1. He is too short to climb the wall.
Ans: Simple Sentence.
2. The sky was blue and the sun shone bright.
Ans: Compound Sentence.
3. The old man who lived in a village believed that the earth was flat.
Ans: Complex Sentence
4. Leaving a job midway is not a good practice.
Ans: Simple Sentence.
5. Last week I met a friend who gave me a bag which was brown in color.
Ans: Complex Sentence.
Do as directed. (নির্দেশ অনুযায়ী করো)
1. The question was so easy that everyone could answer it. (Change into a Simple Sentence)
Ans: The question was too easy to be answered by everyone.
2. A friend in need is a friend indeed. (Change into a Complex Sentence)
ns: A friend who is in need is a friend indeed.
3. Pollution is one of the most severe threats to our beautiful planet. (Change into a Complex Sentence)
Ans: Our planet is beautiful and pollution is one of the most severe threats to it.
4. Do or die. (Change into a Complex Sentence)
Ans: If you do not do you will die.
5. He was confused and stopped working. (Change into a Simple Sentence)
Ans: Being confused, he stopped working.
Write a letter within 100 words to the Headmaster or Headmistress of your school seeking leave of two days for the purpose of attending the marriage ceremony of your elder sister.
Question: Suppose you had bought a book from a book store. By mistake, you left it there instead of bringing it back with you. Providing details of the book and its author, write a letter within 100 words to the owner of the store to find out the book and keep it until you come to collect it.