HS English Suggestions 2021
HS English Suggestion 2021
Prepare and practise this HS English Suggestion 2021 for Higher Secondary Examination 2021. The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) has yet not declared the routine of Higher Secondary Examination for the year 2021. This year the exam date of the subject English second language is in March 2021. The exam will start at 10:00 a.m. and will end at 1.15 p.m.
Why Is A Suggestion So Important for Students?
Suggestion is very important in the life of students. Throughout the year students read and work hard. Their main aim is to do an excellent result in their final examination. They continuously read and practice and write everything. But at the end of the year when they are going to face the final examination, they are in a difficult situation. Actually they cannot take any decision as to which subject to read, how long they should read – the whole text books or guide books. Thus they fumble. That is why suggestion is of much importance in the life of the students. A good and proper suggestion can change the life of a student. A suggestion helps the students to manage time in the examination hall. If a student follows a good and authentic suggestion he will be able to score a good result in the final exam. If he or she prepares himself or herself according to the suggestion he or she will be able to write the answers of the questions spontaneously in the examination.
That is why we have prepared this suggestion. You must follow our suggestion and prepare yourself for your final examination from now.
HS English Suggestions 2021:
For Part – A (60 Marks)
There will be Four Questions (one from each piece) and you have to attempt any Two.
Thank You Ma’am:
বি: দ্র: – 2021 সালের উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক পরীক্ষার জন্য “Thank You Ma’am” পিস টি বাদ দেওয়া হয়েছে। তাই এই বছর “Thank You Ma’am”- থেকে কোনো প্রশ্ন প্রস্তুত করার প্রয়োজন নেই।
All questions carry 6 marks.
1. Character of Mrs. Jones.
2. Character of Roger.
3. “Now ain’t you ashamed of yourself?” – Who said this and to whom? What had the man spoken to done to feel ashamed of? What did the speaker tell the person to do before asking this?
4. Evaluate “Thank You Ma’am” as a short story.
5. “When I get through with you, sir, you are going to remember Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones.” – Imagine that you are Roger and that about ten years have passed since the night of your encounter with Mrs. Jones. Write her a letter telling her about how you felt that night and the tremendous impact her personality has had on your life ever since.
6. Reproduce the conversation between Roger and Mrs. Jones before the former was taken to her house.
7. “I would teach you right from wrong.” – Who said this and to whom and when? How did the speaker transform the person spoken to here?
8. “I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes.” – Who is the speaker? To whom did the speaker say this? What reply did the speaker get? What was the reaction of the speaker to the reply?
1. Why did the Tsar decide to meet the hermit and how did he visit him? What was the hermit doing when the Tsar met him?
2. What did the Tsar promise the bearded man? How many times did the Tsar ask the hermit for an answer?
3. How did the bearded man become the Tsar’s friend?
4. How did the Tsar save the life of the wounded man?
5. “Forgive me!’ said the bearded man in a weak voice.” – Why did the bearded man become an enemy of the Tsar? What did the man swear and resolve to do? Why did the man ask forgiveness?
6. “You have already been answered” – Who said this and to whom? How has the person referred to been answered?
7. “Here comes someone running” – Who said this? Who was coming? Why did he come running? What happened to him?
The Eyes Have It: HS English Suggestions 2021:
1. “But her next question removed my doubts” – Who said this and about whom? What were the doubts of the speaker? What was the next question? How was his doubts removed?
2. “Yes, this is the best time.” – Who said this? What is the best time according to the speaker? Give the occasion of the remark? Why does the speaker think so?
3. “Oh, how lucky you are.” – Who said this? Who was considered to be lucky and why? How did the person react to the above remark?
4. “Few girls can resist flattery.” – Who made this remark? What was flattery? Why did the speaker say so? How did the person spoken to accept the flattery?
5. “Then I made a mistake.” – What ‘mistake’ did the speaker make? What removed the speaker’s doubts? What did the speaker do then?
6. “The man who had entered the compartment broke into my reverie”. What was the reverie? What was the reverie? How was the reverie broken?
7. “She had beautiful eyes, but they were of no use to her.” – Who is the speaker? Whose eyes are referred to here? Why were the eyes useless to her? Bring out the irony in this line.
8. “You must be disappointed.” – Who said this and to whom? When did the person say this? Why did he say this?
Strong Roots: HS English Suggestions 2021:
“Our locality was predominantly Muslim.” – Who said this? How does the speaker describe the locality? What picture of communal harmony do you find in this description? ***
2. What was Kalam’s father’s response to his son’s query about prayer and spirituality?
4. What picture of communal harmony do you get from Kalam’s autobiographical sketch “Strong Roots”?
“This is not a correct approach at all.” – Who said this? what is the correct ‘approach’ referred to here? Why is the approach not correct?
6. How does Kalam describe his childhood in his composition “Strong Roots”? ***
7. What does Kalam say about the father’s routine-bound life? What does he want to suggest here? ***
“I have endeavored to understand the fundamental truth revealed to me by my father.” – Who was the son? Who was the father? What was the fundamental truth revealed to the son? ***
“When troubles come, try to understand the relevance of your sufferings. Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection” – Who said this and to whom? Elucidate the statement. ***
On Killing a Tree:
বি: দ্র: – 2021 সালের উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক পরীক্ষার জন্য “On Killing a Tree” পিস টি বাদ দেওয়া হয়েছে। তাই এই বছর “On Killing a Tree”- থেকে কোনো প্রশ্ন প্রস্তুত করার প্রয়োজন নেই।
1 Give the central idea of the poem “On Killing a Tree”. 2. Title of the poem.
2. “It has grown slowly Consuming the earth.” – What is the significance of the lines?
3. Describe the growth of the tree in details.
4. “It takes much time to kill a tree.”- How does the poet explain the statement and why?
5. How does the tree heal itself?
6. “Out of its leprous hide Sprouting leaves.”- What is the significance of the lines?
Asleep in the Valley:
1. “A soldier very young lies open-mouthed” – Where does the line occur? Who is the soldier? Why does he lie open-mouthed? How does nature nourish him in his sleep? Bring out the irony in the line. ***
2. Prepare central idea, title and substance of the poem “Asleep in the Valley”.
3. Consider “Asleep in the Valley” as an anti-war poem. or What is Arthur Rimbaud’s attitude towards war as revealed in Asleep in the Valley”?
4. Describe the soldier after Rimbaud in the poem “Asleep in the Valley”.
5. “They fill the hollow full of light” – Who are ‘they’? What does ‘the hollow’ suggest? Describe the hollow.
6. “In his side there are two red holes.” – Who is referred to as ‘his’? Why are there two red holes in his side? How is the pity of war is reflected through this striking revelation at the end of the poem? ***
7. “Pale in his warm, green, sun-soaked bed” – Who is referred to as ‘he’? Why is he pale? What is meant by the ‘sun-soaked bed’ ? How does the poet describe the sleeping soldier? ***
8. “His smile is like that of an infant’s” – Whose smile is referred to here? Why is his smile compared to that of an infant ? Bring out the irony in the line.***
Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day?:
1 Discuss the substance of the poem.
2. “Every fair from fair sometimes declines.”- What is the difference between the 1st ‘fair’ and 2nd ‘fair’? What makes “every fair from fair sometime” decline? What instances of such decline are given by the poet? ***
3. How does Shakespeare treat the themes of time and love in the Sonnet No. 18?
4. “…and this gives life to thee” – What does ‘this’ refer to? Who is referred to here by thee’? How does ‘this’ give him life?
4. Use of imagery in Sonnet 18.
5. “But thy eternal summer shall not fade.” – whose ‘eternal summer’ is referred to here? What do you mean by ‘eternal summer’?
6. “…and summer’s lease hath too short a date” – What is meant by ‘summer’s lease’? In what context does the poet say this? What does this line suggest?
7. “Nor shall death brag thou wandr’est in his shade” – Who is referred to here by ‘thou’? How does the poet propose to win over the brag of death?
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day”? – Whom does the poet address to? Why does the poet propose to compare him to a summer’s day? How is the question answered by the poet?
The Poetry of Earth:
1. What do you mean by ‘the poetry of earth’? How does Keats justify that the poetry of earth is never dead./ How does the poet show that the poetry of earth never ceases? ***
2. Prepare central Idea, title and substance of the poem “The Poetry of Earth”.
3. “… takes the lead” – Who takes the lead and when? How does he take the lead? ***
4. What roles do the Grasshopper and the Cricket play in the poem?
5. Evaluate “The Poetry of Earth” as a Sonnet.
6. “When all birds are faint…” – When are the birds faint and why? What do they do then? How is the poetry of earth sounded in their absence? **
7. “He has never done/With his delights.” – Where does the line occur? Who is ‘he’ referred to here? How does he delight? What does he finally do?
8. Use of imagery in the poem.
9. “He rests at ease…” – Where does the line occur? Who is referred to as ‘he’? Where does he rest and when? How does he take part in the poetry of earth? ***
10. “…and seems to one in drowsiness half lost” – Where does the line occur? What makes him half lost in drowsiness? What seems to him and when?
1. “I’ve come to ask the hand of your daughter….in marriage” – Who said this and to whom? Who was the daughter? What was the immediate reaction of the father on hearing “The Proposal”?
2. “You’re not a neighbour, you’re a grabber.” – Whop said this and to whom? Why did the speaker say this?
3. Justify “The Proposal” as a satire. *
3. “He has come to borrow money! Shall not give him any..” – Who is the speaker? What makes him say this? What features of the character are revealed here?
4. “But you forget that he is overshot.” – What was spoken about? Whom did it belong? For how much was it bought? What is the meaning of overshot? what did its owner consider it to be? *
5. Why did Lomov decide to marry Natalya?
6. How responsible a father is Chubukov?
7. Characters of Natalya, Chubukov and Lomov. *
8. How is the theme of marriage dealt in the play “The Proposal”?
9. Theme of the play “The Proposal”.
10. “She’s like a love-sick cat.” – Who is the speaker? Whom does ‘she’ refer to? In what context does the speaker say so? How far, do you think, is the statement correct? *
11. What picture of social life is presented in the play “The Proposal”? *
Writing: for HS English Suggestion 2021:
1. Write a report on the current situation of corona virus (Covid 19) in India/in your locality.
2. Your school participated in the “Safe Drive Save Life” campaign of Kolkata Traffic Police. Write a report on it.
3. Write a report on ‘the poor prospects of the Eden Gardens’.
4. Recently your school organised a Cleaning Drive in the immediate vicinity of your school. Now write a report on the “Cleaning Drive” by your school.
5. Write a report on the farewell ceremony of a retired teacher.
6. A report on “Kanyashree Day Observation” in your school.
7. Write a report on the celebration of Nirmal Vidyalaya Abhijan at your school.
8. A report on Educational Excursion.
9. Write a report on “Dengue Prevention Camp”.
1. Write a letter to the Editor of an English daily on the spread of corona virus (Covid 19) in India/in your locality.
2. Write a letter to the Municipal Chairman on the spread of dengue as an epidemic manner in your locality.
3. Write a letter to the editor of an English daily about the poor condition of roads and streets in your locality.
4. A letter to the editor of a newspaper about the education of the girl child in rural areas.
5. Write a letter to the editor of an English daily about regular flooding in your locality during monsoon.
6. Write a letter to the editor of an English daily expressing your concern over global warming.
7. Write a letter to the editor of an English daily expressing your concern your concern over the scarcity of safe drinking water.
8. Write a letter to the Medical Super of XYZ Nursing Home demanding an explanation of the bill that they have charged unduly for your patient.
9. XYZ School has ordered a publishing company for a set of books. But the company has failed to supply the books in due time. Write a letter of reminder to Publishing Company.
10. Write a letter to a reputed company complaining that the laptop, you bought lately from them, has technical problems. Say what you want to do and what kind of support you need as a customer.
11. Write a letter to the editor of an English daily expressing your concern about the increasing number of road accidents.
Do practice as much as you can.
Keep visiting our website onlineexamgroup.com for more updates. Here you will get the suggestions of other subjects for 2021 HS Final Exam, West Bengal.
Keep in touch with our website and you will get the answers to the suggestion provided by our team. Give your comment in the Comment Box.
আমাদের এই ওয়েবসাইট টি নিয়মিত ভিজিট করুন। পেতে থাকুন শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত আপডেট। এই ওয়েবসাইটেই আমাদের ইংরেজি সাজেশনের সমস্ত উত্তর আপনারা পাবেন। আপনার মূল্যবান মতামত লিখুন নীচের কমেন্ট বক্সে। আমরা যত দ্রুত সম্ভব Reply দেবো।
*** প্রিয় ছাত্র ছাত্রী, সকলের নিরাপত্তার জন্য বাড়িতে বসেই পড়াশুনা করুন। বাইরে বেরোবেন না। আমাদের এই ওয়েবসাইট টি নিয়মিত ভিজিট করুন এবং পরবর্তী পরীক্ষার জন্য প্রস্তুতি নিন।***
আমাদের এই ওয়েবসাইট টি নিয়মিত ভিজিট করুন। পেতে থাকুন শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত আপডেট। এই ওয়েবসাইটেই আমাদের ইংরেজি সাজেশনের সমস্ত উত্তর আপনারা পাবেন।
আপনার মূল্যবান মতামত লিখুন নীচের কমেন্ট বক্সে। আমরা যত দ্রুত সম্ভব Reply দেব।